If you are someone in Florida who enjoys contributing to environmental wellness and sustainability, then making ecoconscious roofing decisions is a great way to continue this positively-charged pastime. Fortunately, there are several options for ecofriendly roofing systems. Your choice will depend on your personal preference, budget, and a few other factors.
By talking to a professional roofing contractor in Florida , you can learn all of the ecofriendly roofing options that will best fit the unique needs of your building. You can also review many of the possibilities beforehand, in order to prepare yourself for making the ultimate decision.
Continue reading to learn some of the most common and celebrated ecofriendly roofing materials, as well as a few tips to improve energy efficiency and more.
Environmentally Friendly Roofs:
The most common environmentally friendly roofing systems include some of the most popular ones on the commercial and residential markets. Below is a list of these systems, and the qualities that make them safe for the environment and surrounding ecosystems. This list includes asphalt shingles, metal, clay tiles, concrete tiles, slate, wood shakes, fiber cement and recycled roofing.
Fiber Cement – Fiber cement board is an excellent green roofing option since it is primarily composed of cement and cellulose fiber, both of which are biodegradable.
Recycled Roofing – Using recycled products is a terrific ecofriendly practice, and roof systems are no different. Plastic and rubber roofing are recyclable, and can be manufactured to resemble higher end materials, like wood shake and tiles.
- Go for materials that are high in recycled content.
- Avoid copper and zinc coatings.
- Avoid materials that require the use of chemicals for maintenance.
- Choose light-colored roofing in hot climates for increase sun reflectivity.
Green Roof Systems
In recent times there has been a significant increase in the number of people who are opting for green roof systems for their homes. But even now there are many people who just have a vague idea about what exactly green roof systems are. The simplest way to describe them is that they are definitely a kind of garden situated on your rooftop.
These kinds of roof systems have a wide variety of offers that are important to not only the owners of the home but also to the environment in general. They are also popular because of the amazing, unique and distinctive look that they create. Earlier it was an object of significance only to certain people of society like environmental activists. People used to consider it as peculiar and very hardly interested, leave alone well informed. But now it's a rage all over the world because it has become the most popular choice as a solution for roofing needs round the world.
Another major problem, significant especially in urban areas, is the excessive heat building up. The concrete web of buildings and their density can raise the temperature of a city by as much as 10 degrees. Green roof systems contribute a lot in dissipation of this heat. The insulation and cooling effect of plants neutralizes this heat to a large extent.
Green roof system is also excellent applications when it comes to complete sound insulation. It is an added incentive to city people who have nowhere to go when they want to escape from the noise pollution of our day-to-day life. You can go to your green roof whenever you want and enjoy a sound free time of leisure.
Thus regardless of where you live, opting for a green roof system is worth it.
- Florida Roofing Options
- Melbourne Green Roof Tray System
- Deerfield Beach Green Roof Systems Residential
- Largo Green Roof Tray System
- Palm Coast Membrane Roof
- Boynton Beach Green Roof Modules
- Lauderhill Green Roof
- Fort Myers Green Roof Installation
- Daytona Beach Roofing Systems
- Delray Beach Eco Friendly Roofing
- Weston Green Form Roofing
- Kissimmee Green Form Roofing
- Tamarac Roofing Systems
- Homestead Roofing Systems
- North Miami Eco Roof Panels
- North Port EPDM Rubber Roofing
- Ocala Membrane Roof
- Port Orange Green Roof Installation
- Wellington EPDM Rubber Roofing
- Margate Living Roof House
- Pensacola Cool Roofing Systems
- Bradenton Green Metal Roofing
- Sarasota Green Flat Roof
- Sanford Green Metal Roofing
- Coconut Creek Green Roof Systems Residential
- Palm Beach Gardens Green Roof
- Jupiter Green Roof Installation
- Pinellas Park Green Roof Installation
- Titusville Eco Friendly Roofing
- Coral Gables Green Roofer
- Bonita Springs Green Roof Systems
- Oakland Park Roofing Systems
- North Lauderdale Green Roof Contractors
- Fort Pierce Green Roof Modules
- Altamonte Springs Green Roof Systems Residential
- Hallandale Beach Green Roof Modules
- North Miami Beach Green Roofing Technologies
- Ormond Beach Roofing Options
- Apopka Green Roof Systems
- Panama City Green Form Roofing
- Riviera Beach EPDM Rubber Roofing
- Dunedin Green Flat Roof
- Lake Worth Membrane Roof
- Winter Haven Living Roof House
- Plant City Green Roof
- Winter Springs Green Flat Roof
- Oviedo Commercial Roofing
- Ocoee Green Metal Roofing
- Greenacres Green Roof Contractors
- Lauderdale Lakes Green Roof Installation
- Royal Palm Beach Green Roof Panels
- Cooper City Roofing Options
- Winter Garden Living Roof House
- Aventura Eco Roof Cleaner
- Cutler Bay Green Roof
- St. Cloud Commercial Roofing
- Dania Beach Green Form Roofing
- Winter Park Green Shingle Roof
- De Land Living Roof House
- Casselberry Membrane Roof
- Rockledge Roofing Options
- Parkland Roofing Systems
- Doral Green Roof Modules
- Tarpon Springs Green Roof Tray System
- New Smyrna Beach Green Roof Shingles
- Palmetto Bay Eco Friendly Roofing
- Temple Terrace Eco Friendly Roofing
- Key West Green Shingle Roof
- Leesburg Green Roof Panels
- Miami Lakes Green Roof Shingles
- Jacksonville Beach EPDM Rubber Roofing
- Naples Green Roof Shingles
- Edgewater Membrane Roof
- Venice Green Roof Systems
- Sebastian Tray Roofing